Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Calendars

The best way to stay on top of bills is to have a calendar.  I have a portrait style, one-page calendar complete with holidays and I type in what bill is due on what day. 
Regardless of whether or not I know how much the bill will be, I do not put an amount; I write it in after I receive the bill.  I write in the amount the second I receive the bill.  I do so I can keep in mind how much the bill is and when it’s due.  Sometimes I get lazy and just stick the bill in my bill binder.  If I do that, the next time I sit down to work on bills, I write it on my calendar. 
My calendar is very basic and I like it that way.  I get too caught up in trying to make it “pretty” and waste time doing that and never feel satisfied with the way it looks.  I leave it at a bare minimum, so I can focus on my next project. *I just recently added a pop of color to each of my documents to have them match.* A copy of my one-page, portrait style calendar is available in my ETSY store.
Additionally, I have a generic weekly calendar that my printer can generate that I laminated and put in the front of my bill binder.  I rarely use the calendar unless I have a lot going on that week and need to keep myself on track.  I write on it with a permanent marker and use a magic eraser to get the permanent marker off.

No comments:

Post a Comment